- Discover an iconic Parisian neighborhood and taste 5 different Champagnes during the tour
- Meet people passionate about wine and gastronomy through many stops in their authentic shops and cellars
- Discover a very Parisian caterer and his lovely boutique offering artisanal French products
- Savor a delicious Champagne tasting in a typical vaulted cellar paired with a delicacy from Reims
- Plunge into the “Art de Vivre” around cuisine, pastry and chocolate in this unique shop where you will taste one of their best specialties
- Enter in the master’s house of the most known French specialty: the baguette ! In this traditional bakery enjoy the best of French bread
- Enjoy the lovely company of the best cheese monger of Paris who will explain the basics of cheese making knowledge
- Learn how to pair food and Champagne during a final tasting in a friendly cellar of Saint Germain where you will indulge the artisanal products collected during the tour
Paris Champagne Tour | Saint Germain
Wine Passport offers you a unique and prestigious Champagne tour in the historical neighborhood of Saint Germain. Discover the Parisian “Art de Vivre”, the French gastronomy and most of all, Champagne ! Your English speaking and wine expert guide will make you discover Paris off the beaten track. By joining this walking tour, become an expert in Champagne, French culture and gastronomy !
Meet your wine expert guide in front of one of the most famous Parisian Brasserie for a 3-hour walking tour. Throughout the itinerary you will learn anecdotes about French history, gastronomy and inevitably, Champagne! During our unique and innovative tour, you will immerse yourself into French culture.
After getting together with your guide, you will walk to your first stop over: a typical delicatessen shop held by a Parisian foodie. Inside, you will discover homemade dishes, from charcuterie to desserts, and pick your first delicacy for the final tasting.
Just around the corner, you will discover the unique wine cellar in Paris dedicated to Champagne. This amazing concept highlights Champagne boutique producers and the beauty of their terroir. Cozy in their vaulted cellar, you will taste 3 specifics Champagnes, paired with a specialty of the region.
Once your glasses are empty, you will discover one of the best pastry shops of the city. Chocolate, macarons, cakes… There is something to suit all tastes ! We have selected their own specialty for you to pair with Champagne at the final tasting.
You will then be headed to a traditional French bakery. On your way, you will admire Parisian monuments and charming old streets, served with precious anecdotes from your guide !
Last but not least, you will meet one of the best cheese mongers of Paris! Immerse yourself in the paradise of cheese lovers through detailed explanations of the cheese making process.
The final tasting will introduce you to famous Champagne Houses such as Taittinger and Drappier. You will be able to pair it with the food collected during the tour. A privileged time to learn the basics of wine and food paring.
Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end. ! Feel free to ask your guide on Paris’s best kept secrets to keep on exploring the city by yourself.
What is included?
- Small group of 10 people maximum
- Almost 3 and a half hours of guided food tour of the Saint Germain district with 6 stop overs
- 5 Champagne tastings during the tour
- 5 delicacies to pair with Champagne
- An English-speaking wine expert (and funny) guide at your service
- Visit of two wine shops/ cellars and tasting
- Discover of authentic shops in Saint Germain
- A unique experience with real French artisans
Meet your wine expert guide in front of “Les Deux Magots Brasserie" at 2pm
Address : 6 Place Saint-Germain des Prés, 75006 Paris
By metro : Line 4 "Saint-Germain-des-Près"
Good to know
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- The walking tour takes place around Saint-Germain district and ends around 5:15pm
- Private tour & special request on demand