- Wander through the luxurious, hidden streets of Paris with a local.
- Savour a sugary-sweet macaron at a popular Parisian food shop.
- Enjoy the elegant surroundings of the Louvre’s garden.
- Admire medieval & renaissance-era architecture in Le Marais.
- Become a cheese connoisseur at a Parisian fromagerie.
- Experience the bustling vibe of a busy French market as you become a Parisian for a day.
Secret Paris: Cheese, Art, and Local life - by Paris Urban Adventures
In a few words
Cheese? Check. Macarons? Check. Art? Check. Join a local guide on this Paris tour to experience the mindblowing gastronomic feats, instantly recognisable architectural icons, and secret spots that make Paris so endearing.
Get to know the City of Light through the eyes of a local on this tour full of tantalising treats and cultural gems! Start your Paris tour right in the heart of one of Paris’ most expensive and fashionable areas, where luxury, elegance, and beauty are around every corner. Stop in at an illustrious food store and take the chance to sample a mouth-watering macaron, a delicious French speciality, and an ultimate Paris travel experience.
Your Paris city tour continues towards the iconic Louvre, home to some of the world’s most celebrated art. The enigmatic Mona Lisa and gorgeous Venus de Milo both live in this treasure trove of fine art. We won't be stopping in (it can take hours — no, days — to properly explore the grand Louvre!), but we will wander through an arcade that offers a free glimpse into the famous sculpture gallery, relax in the well-manicured gardens, and enjoy some of the best sightseeing Paris has to offer.
Next on this Paris food tour, head to a lively Parisian market to indulge in one of France’s most popular gastronomic pleasures — cheese! Perhaps taste some smooth, mild Brie or sample a slice of pungent Roquefort — known as the ‘King of Cheeses’. Afterwards, amble through Paris’ secret arcades to discover quirky shops, unique boutiques, and one of the oldest buildings in Paris.
Finally, walk to the fascinating, medieval neighborhood of Le Marais. Full of sweet shops, patisseries, boutiques, and cafes, Le Marais offers insight into French culture and the secret Paris local way of life. Finish the tour in the forecourt of Paris contemporary art gallery: Pompidou centre, an incredible example of modern architecture in the heart of medieval Paris. A fitting finale to this revealing tour of Paris’ best kept secrets.
What is included?
- Local English-speaking guide.
- A macaron in Paris’ most illustrious food shop.
- A cheese tasting session in a French fromagerie.
In front the entrance gates of the Madeleine Church – Place de la Madeleine, 75008 Paris.
Your guide will be holding a distinctive Paris Urban Adventures sign.
Good to know
- Language: English.
- Duration: 3 hours.
- Starting point: Madeleine Church.
- Ending point: Musée Pompidou, Le Marais.
- It is advised to wear comfortable walking shoes and to bring an umbrella, depending on the weather.
- Please note that the cheese shop we are working with is closed on Monday morning. We will replace this activity with another inclusion.
Everyday except Sunday.
Starting time: 9.00 AM.
Tour not available on december 25th and january 1rst.
CancellationCancellations made more than 48 hours prior to travel receive a full refund.
Cancellations made 48 hours or less prior to travel require the traveller to pay for the tour in full, and no refund will be issued.