- Discover the stunning Chambord castle.
- Visit of an emblematic winery and its cellars.
- Eat a delicious lunch at the table of a winemaker.
- Taste more than 7 different Loire wines during the day.
- Magnificent panoramas on various castles & villages.
- Stop in the vineyard for a vine growing introduction by your guide.
Wineday in Val de Loire from Paris
by Wine Passport
In a few words
How about spending an entire day in the Loire Valley visiting one of France’s most famous castles, part of the Unesco world heritage, and learning all about the delicious wines of the region? This all-inclusive tour will make you fall in love with the beauty of the Loire Valley, the remarkable architecture of its castles from the Renaissance and the diversity of its wines.
Your guide will pick you up at your hotel early in the morning and drive you the south of Paris (approx. 2h) towards the Loire Valley while you enjoy delicious freshly baked croissants. As you get nearer to the Chambord castle, your guide will give you plenty of information about the history of the region. Start the day with an audio guided tour of the castle which will divulge all the secrets behind this monumental building constructed 500 years ago by the king Francis 1st of France…
Your guide will then drive you along the river, where you will be able to catch a glimpse on other beautiful châteaux such as the castle of Amboise (Leonardo da Vinci’s last home) and the castle of Blois.
For lunch, the owner of a boutique winery will welcome you to his table to enjoy delightful local food paired with its wines. He will be happy to show you his cellars and vines!
After lunch, discover beautiful views of the colorful landscapes of Vouvray and Montlouis-sur-Loire. If the weather permits it, your wine expert guide will stop in the vineyards of Chenin Blanc, Sauvignon Blanc and Cabernet Franc grapes to give you a vine growing introduction! You will then visit one of the most emblematic producers of the region and discover their troglodyte caves, where they age their precious bottles. You will then get to taste their whole range of wines: sparkling white wines, dry and sweet white wines, red and rosé wines.
You’ll be dropped off in central Paris (Hôtel de Ville) in the early evening.
What is included?
- Round trip transport in a comfortable minivan (with A/C).
- Pick up at your hotel (if in Paris), drop off in central Paris.
- Groupe of 8 people max.
- Breakfast on your way to the Loire valley and bottled water.
- The services of an English speaking & wine expert driver/guide.
- Audio guided visit of the Chambord Castle.
- Guided visit of an award winning winery of the region + tasting.
- 3 course lunch paired with wine at a traditional, family-run estate.
Good to know
- You will be informed the day before your tour of your exact pick up time (usually between 6:30a.m. and 7:30a.m.)
- Wine cellars are usually quite cold and damp (45 °F / 10 °C): do not forget to bring warm clothes with you. Most of the visits include a lot of stairs and no elevator to access the underground galleries.
- Please note that the schedule and the wineries visited are subject to minor changes depending on the season and on supplier availability.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at the time of the booking.
- There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. Wine Passport reserves the right to cancel any tour where the minimum number is not reached (3 ppl). In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.