- Enjoy full access to the Palace and Gardens of Versailles
- Learn more about the "Sun King" and other legends of the French Monarchy thanks to your audio guide
- Take a stroll through the formal and informal gardens (on dates when the Musical Fountains Show/Musical Gardens is unavailable)
- Visit the private estate of Marie Antoinette
- Watch the fountains light up to the sound of music (optional)
- Stroll through the dazzling Hall of Mirrors
Versailles Palace | Open Ticket
The Estate of Trianon, Fountains Shows and Musical Gardens available
In a few words
Visit the Palace and Gardens of Versailles with a pre-booked full access pass. Explore the ornate State Apartments and breathtaking Hall of Mirrors inside the official residence of the French monarchy from 1682 to 1789. Learn more about Louis XIV and other French royals with a complimentary audio guide.
Located just 30 minutes from central Paris by train, Versailles was a sleepy village until Louis XIII began to build a hunting lodge there in 1623. By the end of the century, continued expansion saw the town and castle become the symbolic center of the absolute monarchy of the Ancien Régime.
Louis XIV moved the royal family to the palace in 1682, and 2 enormous new wings were added during a 2nd phase of building (1678-1715). Your pass allows you to visit the State Apartments built by Le Vau. Get a sense of life in the French court as you take a walk through the glittering Hall of Mirrors. Stroll through the legendary gardens at your own pace, and admire fountains, sculptures, and beautifully manicured lawns.
You will also enjoy access to the Grand and Petit Trianon in their own grounds. See where the Sun King would entertain in private, and where he would go to escape the rigors of court life. Then, go to Marie Antoinette s Estate, and discover where she would seek refuge in private.
What is included?
- Entrance ticket to the Palace, avoiding the ticket purchase lines.
- Access to the Grand Apartments, the Hall of Mirrors, the King Chamber, the Queen Chamber and the Apartments of Mesdames.
- Access to the Gardens depending on date of visit and option booked.
- Access to the Trianons depending on the option booked.
- Audioguide available in 11 languages: Spanish, Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian.
Good to know
- Palace entrance is free for children under 18 years old, and EU citizens under 25 years old. In both cases it is not necessary to book a ticket but a valid form of identification is required. Non-EU citizens between 18 and 25 need to buy a ticket
- Please note that you may experience some waiting time at the security check at the entrance of the Palace of Versailles. You can only skip-the-line for the cash desk with this entrance ticket
- There is an additional fee to access the gardens for the dates with the Fountain Show. Please check the different product options and book accordingly
- The Musical Fountains Show take place on:
- Tuesdays from May 19th to June 23rd 2020
- Saturdays and Sundays from April 4th to November 1st 2020
- Some additional dates (April 10th, May 8th and 21st, July 14th 2020
- The Musical Gardens take place on :
- Tuesdays from April 7th to May 12th 2020 and from June 30th to October 27th 2020 (except on July 14th, day of Musical Fountains Show)
- Fridays from April 3rd to October 30th 2020 (except Fridays April 10th and May 8th, days of Musical Fountains Show)
- Arrive early to avoid the crowds! In high season, the Palace can be very crowded in the morning, go to the gardens first, then go to the Palace in the middle of the afternoon